Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dear diary...

Is it weird that I'm more nervous to go to New Jersey for 6 days than I am for 6 weeks in Europe? It may be due to the fact that Jersey is tomorrow and Europe is 2 weeks away. Or maybe its because I've never been to the East Coast before. Or maybe its because I'm staying with people I don't know for the first night. But all these explanations seem improbable.

In the 2 minutes that just I took to contemplate this thought I have come to an immediate conclusion: I have dreams about living in the green rolling hills and warm, breezy beaches that I picture as the East Coast (complete with big floppy hats and fly-away scarfs). I want to fall in love with it and I'm scared I won't! So silly...

I am so excited to start traveling! I've started to feel like a bum around here. My day usually consists of waking up around 9 (very late for my usual early rising self), reading until lunch, running errands with my mom and napping in the afternoon. It was nice for the first 2 days I got home but after that I started to feel like I have no purpose in life. Don't get me wrong, I love riding and running and picking wild flowers here, but I need something to do.

So luckily tomorrow I'm off! I'm calling it trip number 0.5 (zero point five) because its within the US. Not to say that it is any less of a trip! I just feel that only trips outside the US deserve a whole number.... Sorry nation.

The picture: One thing I love about this town is missoula farmers market. Spring time means tons of starter plants that make the market look painter's mixing palette.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in Jersey! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete