Friday, July 10, 2009

Leaving Barcelona

This is the first time I've been sad to leave a place during my travels. Barcelona has been so good to me. Its hard to say good bye to such a wonderful city with beautiful people and such an interesting vibe.
I'm in such a funk at the moment. I did think that I would be sad to be done with this trip and to be leaving Europe, but I definitely am.
I have a confession to make.... During my stay in Copenhagen I was an inch away from shortening my trip. The mental struggle that I was going through was so intense. Yeah, I know it was only 1 week. But in that one week I went through some heavy emotional growth and at times I wanted to give up and come home. I didn't think I could do that for 4 weeks. AND it didn't help that my parents were trying their best to persuade me to return early.

But I pushed through! And looking back at it all now, it seems as though I was being a little to dramatic. Or maybe not. Maybe this trip has toughened my skin. Maybe I got used to traveling and got better at making friends along the way. Jackie totally helped. She was like the churros in my chocolate caliente: Chocolate (say it like your speaking Spanish) is very thick and strong by it's self, hard to put it down, but delicious nonetheless. But dipping the churros in the chocolate is like a heaven send (and one of the greatest foods of Spanish cuisine). The churros cut the intense chocolate flavor. They allow you to enjoy every single moment you spend eating this Spanish treat, they allow you to fully appreciate the chocolate and give you the ability or the encouragement to drink it alone.

So, I'm so sad to go. I feel like I just started getting the hang of traveling alone. I just figured out how I like to spend my days and evenings in different places. I just made some wonderful friends and I probably won't ever see them again. I guess that might be the beauty of traveling at my age. The relationships that are formed are put on warp speed because of the time restriction you have. So the friends you make feel like you've had them for years, instead of just hours.
But I am tired. I don't think that I want to stay longer. I think I am just sad its over and sad that I'm leaving such a wonderful place.
I'll be back here again.


No comments:

Post a Comment