Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kristine's Muffin Top

While this title may suggest that I have a bad case of back fat and a few pairs of extra tight jeans, I am seriously considering it as the new subtitle to this blog.

Because I am currently living my dream as a baker, I feel like I should honor this part of my life by blogging about it. And because being a baker means that I will probably eat many more pastries than I already do, a muffin top may very likely be inevitable.
Planned Spontaneity, the name, isn't going to change. Its a rather appropriate title for my life; you know, making last minute decisions and then changing my mind twice. That's what I do. That's probably what I will be doing for the rest of my life. I'm not ashamed of it and I'm not going to try to fix it, because life is so much for fun when there is enough room for spontaneity. The name will stay the same.

So yes, I will be blogging mostly about my adventures in the bakery: Learning about the hallucinogenic properties of rye starters and the hierarchy of restaurant staff, and fully appreciating comfortable shoes.
So far, my experience as an apprenticed baker is fantastic. The best part of it all is seeing somebody bit into one of my freshly baked goodies with a look of utter pleasure on their face. I love being in the kitchen where incredibly beautiful food is being prepared and where are people rushing all around me; chopping cabbage, cleaning chicken, whipping a chai white chocolate ganache. Yumm.

Well I'm off to to work where I will most likely make 5 dozen baguettes. Ohhh what a beautiful life I have right now.
Stay tuned to see how far my bachelor's in biology/chemistry will take me into the baking world.

No comments:

Post a Comment