Monday, June 15, 2009

Ireland



More than I was expecting. I don't think I'm even going to try to explain what its like here in fear that I wont do the beauty justice.



Every day I try to go for a run to regroup and think about what feelings and emotions I've experienced during the day. Here its as though the things I'm struggling with have bubbled to the surface. Things I have needed to process but wouldn't let myself think about in the past have now presented themselves to me and I find myself welcoming each difficult thought with steady arms. This, although it may not make sense to you, is why I needed this trip. And while I am still with my dad and cannot fully work through these things until I'm alone, this is the start of it and this is the reason I'm here.



It's funny how being away from people you love intensifies every emotion you have toward them. Love, anger, sadness and even trust.



I had the most terrible nightmare last night. I dreamed that my mom had suddenly died of a heart attack. When I woke up, there were tears in my eyes and sadness I felt in the dream stayed with me until the morning. It was so horrible.



To update you on the trip: We've been driving the Northern Coast of Ireland and its been incredible. There have been huge valleys, sea cliffs, great pubs, and the Giant's causeway. In 2 days I leave for Denmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment