Thursday, June 4, 2009

So tired

Got in to Manchester today at 1 pm. Got our car (a ford fiesta I named Jose) and started driving North. Didn't get to far as the jet lag is incredibly horrible at the moment. So far its beautiful and green and old. Although we are about 35 miles outside of the city, we still haven't seen any open land yet. The road is lined with old churches and houses.
We are staying a town called Hebden Bridge above a bar called "bar place" (clever name...). Its small and quaint with a patisserie down the block that I am definitely going to get to tomorrow morning. There's a pub down by the bridge that I think we are going to hit up tonight.
Sonja, you'll be happy to know the men in Europe still wear "man capris" and "man clogs". I wonder if thats ever going to catch on in the states... I hope not.

The plan is to get as close to Scotland as we can tomorrow. I can't wait to hear some Celtic music!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to know that. Do they still wear mesh shirts?

    ReplyDelete