Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wish me luck.

Um... I am leaving for a 14 day trek... through the Himalayan moutains....at 17,500 feet....in the winter...in less than 12 hours!

I am so unprepared in so many ways: I've never been backing before. The last time I really exercised was at Hopu (frisbee tourney) and I don't even have a pair of pants. But I dont even care. I am so ready for this!

Its going to be quite the experience. I know I'm going to go through some serious pain and suffering, but I'm hoping that it will help me "see the light" so to speak, on so many of these antagonizing life questions. (Remember that file that I closed? yeah, well it seems to have opened right back up.... looks like I haven't come as far as I thought I had)

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was within me an invincible summer."
-Albert Camus

Please pray for me, or at least sends positive thoughts my way. I know I'll need them.

My tummy hurts.

I think I am more scared about the bus ride from here to the trail head than I am of treking...

1 comment:

  1. Don't freeze! I hope you find some pants and socks on the way :)

    ReplyDelete